How to Apply: Statistics Graduate Program
The University of Maryland's Graduate School accepts applications through its GradApply system. Before completing the application, applicants are asked to check Admissions Requirements for specific instructions and additional requirements (select your program of interest).
The electronic submission of application materials helps expedite the review of an application. Completed applications are reviewed by an admissions committee in each graduate degree program. The recommendations of the committees are submitted to the Dean of the Graduate School, who will make the final admission decision.
As required by the Graduate School, all application materials are to be submitted electronically:
- Graduate application
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- TOEFL/IELTS (International students only - required even if eligible for waiver)
- Program/Department supporting documents (as applicable)
- Non-refundable application fee ($75) for each program to which an applicant applies
- Please check Admissions Requirements for additional requirements
Students seeking to complete graduate work at the University of Maryland for degree purposes must be formally admitted to the Graduate School by the Dean. To ensure the integrity of the application process, the University of Maryland authenticates submitted materials through TurnItIn for Admissions.
For more information, please visit UMD's Application Process.